POSITION SUMMARY: Supervise and perform furniture installations, furniture moves and furniture reconfigurations per floor plans, manufacturer guidelines, and BKM safety standards to attain the highest quality and customer satisfaction levels.
- Organize and lead labor crews at customer sites, including logistics oversight, safe operations, technical problem solving, quality inspection, and proper documentation.
- Install furniture products per the prescribed BKM installation techniques and manufacturer guidelines.
- Be courteous and well-mannered with customer personnel, contractors and fellow staff. Operate with a “can do” customer service focus.
- Grow knowledge of furniture installation drawings and installation methods as well as proper procedures for moving furniture.
- Grow knowledge of furniture products and individual furniture pieces.
- Work as directed by the Field Project Manager/Scheduler on each job.
- Complete all required documentation on a daily basis with high degree of accuracy.
- Be flexible to work with all installers, other Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Adhere to company safety guidelines and practice safe operating processes.
- Maintain, and have at all times, the necessary tools required by the established BKM Tool List.
- Ensure install staff maintain cleanliness in appearance and an orderly work environment as much as possible.
- Be protective of all company equipment; handling all products with great care.
- Drive BKM vehicles to client site demonstrating strict adherence to vehicle safety and speed limit laws. (non CDL)
- Maintain good driving record.
- Be able to do manual take offs or reconfigurations on customer supplied drawings if needed.
- Perform site verification and on site inventories as needed.
- Maintain proper dress code for position.
- Look for ways to improve functional and organizational processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE-KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strength and flexibility to move, assemble and install office furniture.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years Supervisory/Leadership experience specifically in organizing and leading labor crews at customer sites.
- Technical and mechanical aptitude with strong problem resolutions ability.
- Acceptable means of transportation and a valid driver’s license, non CDL.
- Flexibility to accommodate frequent night and weekend work.
- Basic computer, reading, writing and math skills.
- Valid Driver’s license, non CDL.
- Good driving record.
- Valid insurance.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow established installation guidelines.
- Ability to display well-mannered interactions with BKM customers and fellow staff.
- Ability to meet and maintain quality and safety standards in self and direct reports.
- Ability to maintain organization and cleanliness of work environment and customer site.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to summarize the nature and level of work and typical responsibilities and duties being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks required of the position.