POSITION SUMMARY: The Warehouse Lead is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the warehouse. This includes supervising support staff and managing the flow of information and products in and out of the warehouse.
- Supervise and assist warehouse staff in all shipping and receiving activities.
- Document and report any warehouse issues (returned, damaged, incomplete, or unidentified products) to Quality Assurance and follow them to resolution.
- Supervise and assist warehouse staff in the pulling and staging of all products for shipment. Identify freight received without a purchase order number and determine acceptability of product and associated order.
- Obtain and manage proof of deliveries from freight companies. Manage locating of missing freight.
- Manage, track and record products that have been in the warehouse over 45 days (30 days for network accounts) and inform proper individuals as necessary.
- Manage tracking and resolution process of outstanding return merchandise.
- Maintain the demo program, loaner program, and customer storage. Process the orders including adding, deleting and tracking items.
- Insure warehouse is maintained in a clean and organized manner including stocking of adequate packaging and cleaning materials.
- Communicate in professional manner with vendors, company employees and visitors via email, phone and in person.
- Follow and instruct support staff on all warehouse rules in properly handling products.
- Follow and instruct support staff on all safety rules in dress and operation of equipment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Look for ways to improve organizational and functional processes.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE-KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Supervision of warehouse staff of 4 or more.
- Basic computer literacy, and ability to operate bar code scanning systems.
- Flexibility in varying work day schedules.
- Mature, self-starter, with good interpersonal skills.
- Electronic data base shipping and receiving experience is preferred.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Forklift certification preferred but will train and certify.
- Ability to supervise warehouse support staff in a positive, team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to give detailed instructions to support staff.
- Ability to handle detailed information and instructions from superiors.
- Ability to meet and maintain quality and safety standards with self and support staff.
- Ability to maintain organization and cleanliness of warehouse environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to summarize the nature and level of work and typical responsibilities and duties being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks required of the position.