REPORTS TO: V.P., Sales
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying, qualifying, and assisting in the sales process to help close new business for bkm. New customers are defined as end users in the DFW area that are not currently bkm customers. This position will utilize a solid background of business development and collaborative team selling to be successful.
Develop, Strategize, Present, Execute, Analyze, Interpret, Coordinate, Collaborate, Communication, Customer Focus, Cost Focus, Judgment
- Develop new customers
- Achieve sales and profit goals
- Ability to present and sell the entire bkm and bkm studio portfolio of products & services
- Successfully coordinate with a project team from lead generation to account management hand off
- Maintain knowledge of market trends for workplace environments, including bkm supported manufacturers of furniture and architectural products
- Understand and utilize internal policies, guidelines, and procedures for sales, order processing and product installation.
- Research, identify and qualify opportunities
- Network within business community to uncover opportunities
- Research company information, decision makers
- Gain qualified appointments
- Create and implement a Business Development Plan; a written, annual plan updated quarterly to be minimally inclusive of:
- Relationship strategy
- Market coverage strategy
- Influencer/Decision maker targets
- Revenue projections
- Target and prospect influencer and customer relationships
- Develop/Maintain relationships with customers and influencers
- Understand and present workplace trends effectively
- Provide necessary strategic intelligence to help close opportunities
- Develop and execute to forecast
- Document and communicate
- Utilize CRM to document call activity, contacts and opportunity forecasts that include next steps and action items
- Communicate timely and completely with project team, prospects, customers and influencers
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE-KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSA’s) REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced knowledge of CRM, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Business Development Experience
CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS, LICENSES:
- Not Applicable
- Strong Business Development skills and networking skills
- Strong Communications skills
- Strong knowledge of business principles & planning
- Negotiation, collaboration and relationship building abilities with both internal and external partners
- Ability to assess customer needs, meet quality standards and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Ability to analyze, integrate and interpret information from multiple sources
Direct: Not applicable
Indirect: Not applicable
- Communication – verbal and written
- Sits at a desk; uses computer and other office equipment
- Frequent travel to customer, other bkm sites and meeting conference locations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is primarily an office position which requires the individual to be able to meet the physical demands that would require some travel, meeting with people in public and private locations, speaking in public, and possible additional related demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee should be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to summarize the nature and level of work and typical responsibilities and duties being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks required of the position.