The custom shop carpenter position works at a production level in bkm’s recreation division. Millwork projects and materials include, but not limited to, lamination, solid surface fabrication, cabinet construction, custom millwork pieces, booth construction, as well as soft seating frame work.
- From plan to product, produce quality millwork items in a timely manner.
- Final products constructed in a manner that installation at customer site can be easily done per specific site requirements.
- Product output must maintain a high quality level.
- Maintain latest woodworking skills.
- Report shortages on materials and millwork supplies.
- Maintain all equipment used for millwork projects.
- Report production updates on a daily basis.
- Report material inventory counts.
- Ensures all safety equipment in the department is worn or used properly.
- Report all damaged or improperly functioning equipment promptly to your immediate supervisor.
- Perform other tasks as given by supervisor.
- Looks for ways to improve organizational and functional processes.
- Maintains proper dress code for position.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE-KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 5 years experience in carpentry.
- Ability to read drawings and understand renderings
- Knowledge of shop performance and safety guidelines.
- Use of table saw, sliding table saw, routers, jig saw, mitre saw
- Thorough understanding of lamination techniques, cabinet construction, solid surface, installation techniques.
- Office furniture experience a plus.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle detailed information and instructions.
- Ability to meet and maintain quality and safety standards.
- Ability to maintain organization and cleanliness of work environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to work in presence of environmental factors such as heat/cold, dust, dampness, heights, chemicals, fumes, gases, odors, mist, noise and vibrations.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to summarize the nature and level of work and typical responsibilities and duties being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks required of the position.