The Customer Coordinator is responsible for the administrative support functions of the customer order fulfillment process. This position initiates the documentation process and manages the workflow order activity of projects from conception through completion of the installation process. The incumbent is the primary driver of day-to-day communication between the relevant BKM departments and the customer(s). The Customer Coordinator collaborates with various internal teams ensuring the integrity of project materials data entered into both the order and invoice processing systems. This responsibility also includes entering and reviewing orders for completeness resulting in timely and accurate processing of orders and invoices.
Analyze, Interpret, Coordinate, Collaborate, Communication, Customer Focus, Cost Focus, Judgment
- Understand and utilize internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for sales order processing activities
- Maintain current knowledge of Information Technology advancements, and its impact to order processing
- Review and audit Hedberg internal systems for maximum efficiencies in processing quotes and order entry
- Upon notification of a project proposal, the Customer Coordinator will:
- Collaborate with the BKM sales, design teams and customers to structure materials component detail creating preliminary quote.
- Support the bid process by preparing documents to expedite the accurate and timely entry of preliminary quotes for furniture and custom products as specified by sales or design. Create the Hedberg folder within the specified timeframe.
- Coordinate with BKM teams, other departments and outside manufacturers regarding products, scheduling COM, deliveries, and planning to ensure projects are routinely produced with maximum efficiency, and that cost estimates are accurate.
- Effectively communicate both internally with employees and management at all levels of the organization and externally. Research and respond to related inquiries bringing resolution to issues.
- Maintain and update the Projected Billing Report to ensure Finance can invoice promptly and accurately.
- Prepare customer driven and related ancillary reports such as project discrepancies to maintain accuracy of actual costs as compared to initial quoted estimates.
- Directly contribute to achieving company sales forecasts and to the success of the individual Account Managers by controlling costs and analyzing materials specifications. Maintain attention to detail to reduce order exceptions.
- Provide on-going customer service to clients as needed in the absence of the appropriate Account Manager
- Develop and communicate new preliminary sales quotes
- Determine and enter the following sales & installation specifications:
- Processing Codes
- Sales Tax code(s) [via CERT Tax Modular] in Hedberg
- Feasibility of customer ‘request by’ dates
- Completeness of purchase quotes, and that signatures have been obtained from Customers, Project Managers & Designers
- Calculate that Gross Margin Profit % meets or exceeds company minimum guidelines
- Develop and communicate change orders to installation quotes
- Review revised orders for error codes
- Manage documents [generally via email] supporting revisions to orders
- Identify pricing and/or description revisions
- Enter updates into Hedberg
- Contact customer immediately to resolve discrepancies
Education/Experience-Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s)
- Associate’s Degree
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Minimum 2 years administrative, customer service, order processing, data entry experience
Valued but not required (KSA’s)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced knowledge Hedberg Data Systems
Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
- Not Applicable
- Strong Communications skills
- Strong knowledge of business principles & planning
- Negotiation, collaboration and relationship building abilities with both internal and external partners
- Advanced knowledge of Hedberg Data Systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and understand contracts, blue prints, design renderings
- Ability to assess customer needs, meet quality standards and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Ability to analyze, integrate and interpret information from multiple sources
- Proficient with handling detailed information and following instructions
- Direct: Not applicable
- Indirect: Not applicable
- Communication – verbal and written
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is primarily an office position which requires the individual to be able to meet the physical demands that would require some travel, meeting with people in public and private locations, speaking in public, and possible additional related demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee should be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to summarize the nature and level of work and typical responsibilities and duties being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks required of the position.