POSITION SUMMARY: To install, move and reconfigure furniture per customer floor plans, manufacturer installation guidelines and company safety procedures.
- Install furniture per BKM prescribed installation techniques and manufacturer guidelines.
- Grow knowledge of furniture installation drawings and installation methods as well as proper procedures for moving furniture.
- Grow knowledge of furniture products and individual furniture pieces.
- Work as directed by the Installation Supervisor or Field Project Manager.
- Complete all required documentation on a daily basis with high degree of accuracy.
- Be courteous and well-mannered with customer personnel, contractors and fellow staff. Operate with a customer service focus.
- Adhere to company safety guidelines and practice safe operating processes.
- Maintain, and have at all times, the necessary tools required by the BKM Tool List.
- Be protective of all company equipment; handling all products with great care.
- Drive BKM vehicles to client site demonstrating strict adherence to vehicle safety and speed limit laws. (non CDL)
- Maintain good driving record.
- Maintain cleanliness in appearance and an orderly work environment.
- Maintain proper dress code for position.
- Look for ways to improve functional and organizational processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE-KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strength and flexibility to move, assemble and install office furniture.
- Acceptable means of transportation and a valid driver’s license, non CDL.
- Flexibility to accommodate frequent night and weekend work.
- Basic computer, reading, writing and math skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license, non CDL.
- Good driving record.
- Valid insurance.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow established installation guidelines.
- Ability to display well-mannered interactions with BKM customers and fellow staff.
- Ability to handle detailed information and instructions.
- Ability to meet and maintain quality and safety standards.
- Demonstrate consistent ability to arrive for scheduled shift on time.
- Ability to maintain organization and cleanliness of work environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to summarize the nature and level of work and typical responsibilities and duties being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks required of the position.