This position handles product output in the areas of Upholstery, Sewing, Panel Covering, and Assembly of Panels.
- Disassemble, recover and assemble name brand furniture systems panels.
- Tear down upholstered furniture, create patterns, reupholster raw goods and existing upholstered furniture. Some sewing may be required.
- Calculate yardage for upholstered goods and panels. Perform cut outs for both types of projects.
- Staple and glue tack boards and task chairs.
- Perform on site repairs of all product lines supplied by Recreations and other vendors as required.
- Identify and sort panel parts for major brand furniture systems.
- Perform other tasks as given by supervisor.
- Back up to other upholsters as necessary.
- Looks for ways to improve organizational and functional processes.
- Maintains proper dress code for position.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE-KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 4 years experience in product upholstery atmosphere.
- Experience sewing on a production surging machine.
- Experience using tools to cut foam fabrics, pneumatic spray guns and a hot knife.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle detailed information and instructions.
- Ability to meet and maintain quality and safety standards.
- Ability to maintain organization and cleanliness of work environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to work in presence of environmental factors such as heat/cold, dust, dampness, heights, chemicals, fumes, gases, odors, mist, noise and vibrations.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to summarize the nature and level of work and typical responsibilities and duties being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks required of the position.