REPORTS TO: V.P., Sales
The Workplace Consultant is responsible for developing and serving a portfolio of accounts. This position manages the bid and sales process, increases depth of products and services, builds the bkm brand and grows client relationships, including identifying key contacts at various levels, for existing customers. The Workplace Consultant is also responsible for new business development to build and maintain a strong book of business.
Develop, Strategize, Present, Execute, Analyze, Interpret, Coordinate, Collaborate, Communication, Customer Focus, Cost Focus, Judgment
- Optimize customer relationships by managing accounts against account plan
- Achieve sales and profit goals
- Grow “share of wallet” within existing customer base
- Successfully lead a project team to continuously deliver against agreed upon expectations – including managing costs, resources and minimizing errors
- Maintain knowledge of market trends for workplace environments, including bkm supported manufacturers of furniture and architectural products
- Understand and utilize internal policies, guidelines, and procedures for sales, order processing and product installation.
- Own the customer relationship and be the primary contact
- Maintain/develop relationships with customers
- Create written account plan, to include strategies and actions to grow revenue and gross profit, updated quarterly
- Understand and present workplace trends effectively
- Prepare and present accounts with an Executive Summary of activities/sales/value added solutions on annual basis or more frequently if requested.
- Develop and execute to forecast
- Effectively manage requests for pricing, specifications, information and other services
- Collaborate and drive solution strategy inclusive of pricing, product, RFP/bid timelines, etc. ,
- Approve/review GP, finishes and options prior to final quote and order placement, gain documented customer approval prior to order
- Set up and maintain all appropriate information in Hedberg Project Folder
- Negotiate with existing clients, vendors and management where appropriate
- Understand and manage the profitability of projects. This includes understanding all costs related to the sales and execution of projects
- Collaborate and support the invoice and collection process
- Document and communicate
- Utilize CRM to document call activity, contacts and opportunity forecasts that include next steps and action items
- Communicate timely and completely with project team and client
- Engage the team within 24 hours of receipt of RFP/bid. Determine roles and responsibilities of team members on bids
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE-KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KPA’s) REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and CRM
- Commercial Furniture Dealership experience
CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS, LICENSES:
- Not Applicable
- Strong Communications skills
- Strong knowledge of business principles & planning
- Negotiation, collaboration and relationship building abilities with both internal and external partners
- Advanced knowledge of Hedberg Data Systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and understand contracts, blue prints, design renderings
- Ability to assess customer needs, meet quality standards and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Ability to analyze, integrate and interpret information from multiple sources
- Proficient with handling detailed information and following instructions
Direct: Not applicable
Indirect: Not applicable
- Communication – verbal and written
- Works in office, warehouse and construction site environments
- Sits at a desk; uses computer and other office equipment
- Frequent travel to customer, other bkm sites and meeting conference locations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is primarily an office position which requires the individual to be able to meet the physical demands that would require some travel, meeting with people in public and private locations, speaking in public, and possible additional related demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee should be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to summarize the nature and level of work and typical responsibilities and duties being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks required of the position.