The bkm design team takes an active role in insuring that projects are implemented according to plan and adjusted to accommodate field conditions. They actively develop solutions that integrate fundamentals of barrier free design, include knowledge of uniform building codes and exceed client expectations. bkm designers are experienced in working directly with architects, designers, consultants, general contractors, subcontractors, electrical and building engineers, facility managers and IT personnel.
Furniture Programming and Meetings
- Work with client/architect to define furniture objectives and project goals.
- Interview department heads/managers to gather information regarding headcounts, workstation configuration, private office typicals, lobbies, conference areas and healthcare environments.
- Inventory any existing furniture to be re-used.
- Develop furniture typicals
- Selection of furniture and finishes
- Present design and furniture layouts based on information gathered from programming sessions.
- Present preliminary furniture budget and finish selections.
- Develop final furniture layout for client approval.
- Inventory re-use analysis.
- Present furniture plans and recommendations to client/architect for approval.
- Present furniture and finish selections to client/architect for approval.
- Coordinate furniture design development with outside contractors and architect (electricians, phone and cabling).
- Provide presentation boards complete with furniture and finish selections.
- Provide installation drawings
- Provide furniture evaluation package consisting of:
- Tagged furniture plans in CAD format.
- Illustrated furniture specification sheets with quantities and tagging.
- LEED documentation per furniture specification sheets.